International School of Personalized and Translational Medicine
First MSMU has initiated international network educational consortium aimed at phased introduction of predictive and preventive healthcare practices, personalized and translational medicine philosophy and policies.
The International School of Personalized and Translational Medicine is a brand new collegiate unit established under FMSMU in 2016. The pilot draft of 170 third-year students, including foreigners, who are trained in specialties “General Medicine”, “Pharmacy” and “Biochemistry and Bioengineering” is scheduled for this year.
60% of the total batch will come from Russian universities. All non-residents will be provided with hostel residence. The admission depends on successful passing of the exam in English and proficiency testing. By 2020, the number of students at the International School of Personalized and Translational Medicine will reach 3,000.
Training programs are structured upon the modular principle. In addition to the core subjects, students will learn some specific modules, including the following optional disciplines:
- Pharmacy design
- Molecular docking
- Bio- and cheminformatics
- Diagnostic platforms and tools
- Translational techniques in biomedicine
The International School of Personalized and Translational Medicine is the federal establishment featuring international component. Among the leading Russian and international participants of the consortium the following are responsible the most:
- Lomonosov Moscow State University
- National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI”
- Saint-Petersburg State Chemical-Pharmaceutical Academy (SPHFA)
- Moscow University of Technology (MIREA)
- Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Duke University, USA
- University of KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology), South Korea
The graduates of the International School of Personalized and Translational Medicine will get two diplomas:
- Diploma of Sechenov First MSMU
- Diploma of the International School of Personalized and Translational Medicine (to be recognized and ascertained in all countries participating in the consortium)
The bilingual faculty of the School to be united under the new Personalized and Translational Medicine Department will be composed of prominent international professors whose expertise in personalized and translational medicine is renowned globally, whilst the practical training will be carried out within the newly founded University Clinic for Personalized Medicine.
The School will set a benchmark for brand new concept of medical education. In addition to theoretical and practical training, the students will be involved in the R&D operations at the First MSMU laboratories and these of foreign partner universities taking part in the consortium.
The students of the School will be subject to extensive international travelling, including scientific conferences and short-term internships (a month or so) in the world top universities.
Each student will be trained following the customized curricula supported with grant incentives for the best students.
The key competitive advantages of the School:
- World-class medical education
- Highest priority within the healthcare labor market, both in Russia and on the global scale
- Universally recognized certification
Detailed official info on competitive selection criteria is coming soon.